Spinal Unit and Scottish Spinal Deformity Centre
Led by Mr Thanos Tsirikos, the Spinal Unit and the Scottish Spinal Deformity Centre provide expert spinal treatment for referrals from across Scotland.
Consultants and Senior Lecturers
Mr Thanos Tsirikos, MD, FRCS, PhD
Mr Tsirikos is Consultant Spinal Surgeon at Edinburgh’s Royal Hospital for Sick Children. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Spine Society of Europe
- American Scoliosis Research Society
The Unit also benefits from the expertise of several other surgeons, practitioners and researchers.
- Professor G Waddell DSc MD FRCS, Research Associate (Glasgow Nuffield Hospital)
- Dr JPM Campbell MD MLCOM MRO MRCGP DRCOG, Orthopaedic Physician (Edinburgh Royal Infirmary)
- Mrs Vivienne Boyd MCSP, Extended Scope Practitioner, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary
- Mr Chris Adams FRCS (Tr and Orth), Consultant Spinal Surgeon
- Mr Enrique Garrido, FRCS (Tr & Orth), Consultant Spinal Surgeon