Join the University's next Mini Open Day on 29 June 2022
Join us for a day of virtual sessions looking at becoming a postgraduate student at Edinburgh.
Our mini Open Days are hosted frequently throughout the year, providing a virtual introduction to postgraduate study at Edinburgh.
These events are ideal for anyone considering on-campus postgraduate study. The sessions are all hosted virtually, allowing you to access them from wherever you are in the world.
Next event: 29 June 2022
We invite you to virtually join us for a day of sessions looking at almost every aspect of becoming a postgraduate student at Edinburgh. We look forward to speaking with you!
All sessions are booked individually, so you can pick and choose those that are of interest. All times given are GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
- 09:30 -11:00 - How to make an effective application
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Choosing a Research Degree
- 12:00 - 12:30 - How to get active at Edinburgh (led by our Centre for Sport & Exercise)
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Introduction to the University of Edinburgh (this is a general overview of studying in Scotland, the city of Edinburgh and the structure of postgraduate degrees at the University of Edinburgh)
- 13:00 - 14:00 - Postgraduate Accommodation - University Housing
- 13:00 - 14:00 - Top 5 reasons to study an online masters at Edinburgh
- 14:00 - 15:00 - Introduction to Postgraduate Student Life (Edinburgh University Students' Association)
- 15:00 - 16:00 - "Ask our Students" - Current Postgraduates students will take centre stage during this student panel to share their particular experiences. They are ready to answer any questions you may have about postgraduate life. If you have any further queries about applications, we recommend you attend the "College Admissions text Q&A" sessions.
Academic programme videos
In addition to the live sessions the University has many pre-recorded videos from our academic staff. You access these videos at our Virtual Exhibition. Each of our Schools (academic subject areas) have virtual booths in the exhibition. This is the ideal place to watch videos recorded by our staff to explain more about our postgraduate programmes.
- What is Postgraduate Study all about - Many of us might not be so sure what postgraduate study is all about exactly. So in this session we will cut through the jargon to introduce the idea of postgraduate study and consider why it could be something that you might want to investigate.
- Support for students who use British Sign Language - This session is hosted by British Sign Language (BSL) Officer Alison Hendry. Alison presents an overview of the University through the medium of British Sign Language. Audio and captions are also available. Alison also explains how BSL-using and deaf students are supported at the University during their studies.
- Working in the UK after postgraduate study - This recording of a live session from 11 November 2021 is hosted by our Careers Service and will help you understand the UK graduate job market– including where to look for jobs and how to apply for them. Information on where to find help and advice on current visas for international graduates will also be provided. This session will also highlight the advice and support you would get from the University Careers Service. Please note this session does not discuss visa regulations or offer advice on immigration.
The University organises a variety of open days, events and visits for prospective postgraduate students. Details can be found on the web page below.