This programme is primarily designed for doctors who are early in their career and want to commit time to enhancing their existing qualifications alongside clinical training.
Who is Internal Medicine For?
This programme is primarily designed for early career doctors who wish to enhance their existing qualifications whilst working and continuing their clinical training. The programme is also suitable for other speciality doctors such as General Practitioners who wish to expand their general medical knowledge and learn about other pertinent healthcare areas such as teaching, informatics and medical ethics. Final year undergraduate medical students who have already decided to pursue a career in a medical specialty are also eligible to undertake this programme immediately after qualifying. It may also be relevant for other medical practitioners/professions for instance if you are a nurse consultant or a para-medical specialist and have extensive clinical experience; please contact our team to see if you are suitably qualified for the programme.
What Qualifications Will You Need?
Please note for all applications you must have worked experience in a clinical context.
- A medical degree (MBChB or equivalent).
- UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a clinically relevant subject.
- We may consider applications that have other relevant work experience; please contact us to check before you apply. Note that you may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
- If applicable, proven English language proficiency.
What else will you need to study online with us?
You will also need:
- Access to a stable internet connection.
- Computing facilities (webcam and microphone is desirable but not essential as text chat can be used).
- Time – you will need to put aside time for your studies. It is recommended for this course to dedicate 8 to 12 hours a week.
If you want to talk to someone from the Internal Medicine team, please feel free to email or phone us.