Neuroimaging sciences at Edinburgh Imaging includes facilities on two campuses: one at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (RIE), Little France & one at the Western General Hospital (WGH).
The Neuroimaging Sciences group has grown each year since 1998, around research activity at the original Edinburgh Imaging Facility WGH (formerly the Brain Research Imaging Centre - BRIC).
Our history means the main focus of our research is of the brain & nervous system, including:
A major goal is to reduce the burden of common neurological disorders.
- 1998 - in January, the Brain Research Imaging Centre (BRIC) was founded & located in Edinburgh's Western General Hospital
- 2006 - the Neuroimaging Sciences project administration mechanisms merged with the Clinical Research Facility
- 2016 - BRIC became part of Edinburgh Imaging & is now referred to as the Edinburgh Imaging Facility WGH
- 2017 - in February, a second Brain Research Imaging Facility was officially opened developed at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh Little France site (Edinburgh Imaging Facility RIE)
We are dependent on donations to help push forward the frontiers of science.
We are extremely grateful to the following organisations for major funding support:
- Alzheimer's Society
- British Heart Foundation
- Chief Scientits Office
- Cohen Charitable Trust
- Dunhill Medical Trust
- GE Medical Systems
- Medical Research Council
- MS Society
- National Institute for Health Research Emerging Medicines Evaluation (EME) Board
- National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment Programme
- NHS Lothian Research & Development
- Row Fogo Charitable Trust
- Scottish Academic Health Sciences Collaboration
- Scottish Funding Council
- Stroke Association
- Translational Medicine Research Initiative
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility Edinburgh
- Wyeth / TMRI Ltd
- USA NIH
- Private Donations
Find out more about how to support Edinburgh Imaging Facilities WGH & RIE.
The short url for Neuroimaging Sciences at Edinburgh Imaging is: www.ed.ac.uk/edinburgh-imaging/brain-imaging