Edinburgh Imaging Facility Radiochemistry
The Radiochemistry facility at the University of Edinburgh houses a cyclotron with supporting radiochemistry suites to create both GMP & research PET radiotracers.
We can produce radiochemicals labelled with PET isotopes (18F, 11C & 15O).
This allows us to:
- Conduct PET imaging experiments & autoradiography with chemically-identical compounds
- Develop fully translational tracers
- Adopt locally existing radiolabelled tracers to GMP standards, for use in human in clinical studies
From Jan-Mar 2019, we are expanding our production facility to increase capacity for GMP radiopharmaceutical delivery.
The EIF Radiochemistry is co-located with our EIF QMRI which allows for close collaboration with & efficient transfer of radiochemicals to the:
- PET-MR 3.0T Siemens Healthcare & Biograph mMR (the only PET-MR system in Scotland)
- PET-CT 64 slice GE Healthcare & Discovery 710
- PET-CT 128 slice Siemens Healthcare Biograph mCT
The EIF Radiochemistry is also in very close proximity to our EIF Preclinical which also allows for close collaboration with & efficient transfer of radiochemicals to the:
- PET-CT Mediso nanScan
In addition to providing tracers for local use within the Edinburgh Imaging Facilities, we also supply more remote PET centres.
In addition to the above, we have local expertise in:
- Data reconstruction
- Image analysis
- Kinetic modelling
- HPLC metabolite quantification including
- Arterial blood sampling
- Input function measurement
|GMP Radiochemistry Suite|
- 14 Sep 18. Edinburgh Imaging Facilities
- Please link to the short url for our Edinburgh Imaging Facility radiochemistry webpage: