Facilities & equipment
Edinburgh Imaging's facilities are some of the best in the country [~£35 million invested since 1999 (~£17 million in 2015-17)].
Edinburgh Imaging facilities
Edinburgh Imaging Facilities (EIF) are located across four University of Edinburgh units: EIF Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (RIE), EIF Queen's Medical Research Institute (QMRI), EIF Easter Bush & EIF Preclinical.
Edinburgh Imaging equipment
Edinburgh Imaging manages imaging equipment including: Magnetic Resonance (MR), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Retinal / Optical, Ultrasound, Radiochemistry & mixed modalities.
Throughput & production at our main human imaging facilities.
Acknowledging Edinburgh Imaging
Please acknowledge Edinburgh Imaging in all publications, images & presentations.
- Please link to the short url for the Edinburgh Imaging facilities & equipment webpage:
- Quality assurance is rigourously maintained across all our facilities & can be reviewed by following the link.
- Acknowledging Edinburgh Imaging is important if you have used our facilities; please follow the link to find out how to do this.
- Usage statistics for our facilities & equipment provide information about the types of scans & studies we carry out.
- Edinburgh Imaging Facility WGH: this facility has now ceased to operate; its role in Edinburgh Imaging's history can be explored by following the link.