09 Aug 19. Job - Quality Control Manager
The Edinburgh Imaging Facility QMRI wishes to recruit an enthusiastic Quality Control Manager to manage a QC laboratory in a department which manufactures PET radiotracers used in patient diagnostic and clinical trials. The role requires a self-motivated, confident individual with expertise in analytical chemistry techniques and GMP.
Job reference: 048842
Post: Quality Control Manager
Salary: University of Edinburgh Grade 8 (£40,792 to £48,677)
Closing date: 6th September 2019
Applicants can apply here.
The QC manager will be responsible for managing the PET-Radiochemistry QC department.
The QC manager will ensure that the products are manufactured in accordance to GMP, to the pre defined specifications and to other relevant regulatory requirements.
The QC manager will have the authority to release batches of PET radiotracers for clinical use.
The post is available on a fixed term basis in the first instance, with a working pattern of 35 hours per week until 1st September 2021, with the expectation of long-term continuation.
- Manage QC department and GMP store (with 2 QC technicians) in line with GMP and other relevant regulations (Approx 45% of time)
- Release or rejection of final products for clinical use according to pre-defined specifications (Approx 25% of time)
- Responsible for the development and validation of QC methods for testing PET radiotracers (Approx 10% of time)
- Creating and maintaining relevant QC SOPs (Approx 10% of time)
- Responsible for investigating and reporting of quality exceptions / manufacture failures (Approx 5% of time)
- Responsible for establishing and approving specifications for release of starting materials and final products (Approx 5% of time)
Deadline: 6th September 2019