29 Jan 18. PET-MR Research Fellow
This is an exciting opportunity for a post-doctoral scientist to join Edinburgh Imaging as a Research Fellow in PET-MRI.
Job Vacancy – Research Fellow PET MRI Physics (Ref: 042608)
To provide scientific support to DPUK PET-MRI studies that will be carried out on the Siemens mMR Biograph housed in the Edinburgh Imaging facility at the Queen’s Medical Research Institute.
- To aid in establishing imaging protocols for use in DPUK studies and to ensure that these are implemented and tested on the Siemens Biograph mMR.
- To carry out DPUK-required Quality Control programmes as required prior to and during studies.
- To communicate and coordinate effectively with DPUK colleagues both nationally and locally to ensure that Edinburgh Imaging has up to date information regarding upcoming studies.
- To carry out post-processing and analysis of PET-MRI data/images
- To contribute to writing papers and grant applications as appropriate
- To develop new PET-MRI research studies that fit the overall aims of the DPUK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a post-doctoral scientist to join Edinburgh Imaging as a Research Fellow in PET-MRI.
The Siemens mMR Biograph was purchased in 2016 with funds from the Medical Research Council (MRC) as part of the Dementias Platform UK (DPUK), and is housed in the Edinburgh Imaging's QMRI facility.
The University of Edinburgh is an active member of the DPUK Imaging Network and there is now a growing portfolio of upcoming studies that will be carried out on the Siemens mMR scanner housed in our Edinburgh Imaging Facility at QMRI.
A significant level of coordination with other DPUK sites and local DPUK activity is also required.
Applications should be made to Edinburgh University: vacancy number 042608 http://www.ed.ac.uk/human-resources/jobs
Closing Date: 13 March 2018
For further information please contact – email@example.com