14 Mar 18. PhD- MRI ageing brain
We are offering a PhD studentship in DCE-MRI of the ageing brain .
PhD vacancy at the University of Edinburgh: Multimodal MRI methods to quantify blood-brain barrier dysfunction in the ageing brain.
We are looking for a motivated physical scientist to develop new medical imaging methods and to improve our understanding and treatment of a common brain disease. We are offering a PhD studentship on advanced quantitative MRI of the ageing brain, with a particular focus on measuring blood-brain barrier leakage in cerebral small vessel disease.
- first class or 2:1 degree (anticipated) in a relevant physical or quantitative sciences subject, e.g. physics, chemistry, engineering or computer science.
- scientific/numerical programming skills, e.g. Matlab
- ability to work independently
- ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- knowledge of NMR, MRI or medical imaging is helpful but not essential
- image processing skills are helpful but not essential
Enquiries to: Michael.Thrippleton@ed.ac.uk
Applications should be made through Precision Medicine.
Provisional closing date 16th April.
Full advert here