11 June 18. Radiochemistry technician vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity for a Radiochemistry Technician to join the team at the Edinburgh Imaging QMRI facility.
The Edinburgh Imaging QMRI facility, is a cutting-edge imaging research facility based at the University of Edinburgh, close to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility (CRF). Edinburgh Imaging is a partnership between the University of Edinburgh and NHS Lothian, providing support for research and clinical imaging activity from integrated imaging facilities across the city.
In this post, you will join the radiochemistry group, providing radiopharmaceuticals for research and clinical use. You will assist in the preparation and quality control of radiopharmaceuticals by providing radiotracers in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures within the facility. You will be required to work flexibly (early starts) as a member of a team assisting with the production and quality control activities necessary to meet the needs of the facility.
The main role will be to work within the Radiochemistry department to prepare and perform quality control of radiopharmaceuticals under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) conditions by carrying out Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The post holder will take part in the routine manufacture of 18F-FDG for injection into patients for coming on-site for a diagnostic scan, as well as in the production of other imaging agents.
The post holder will also be actively involved within Edinburgh Imaging QMRI facility and will be expected to provide support to other Edinburgh Imaging QMRI facility departments, as required.
Main Responsibilities Approx. % of time
- Production of PET radiotracers following SOPs. Quality control of PET radiotracers using HPLC & other analytical equipment following SOPs. 45%
- General laboratory maintenance and housekeeping, to maintain the GMP facility operational. Recording and disposing of waste radioactive material, chemicals & other materials. 25%
- Stock control of laboratory consumables, chemicals & gases and preparation of chemicals including HPLC solvents for routine use. 10%
- Bring some technical support / assistance within Edinburgh Imaging QMRI facility. 10%
- Routine testing, cleaning of equipment and maintenance of user serviceable parts and Supervision of Service Engineers coming on site. 5%
- Validation of methods and processes for new tracers. 5%
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Christophe Lucatelli (email@example.com).
The role is grade UE05 and attracts an annual salary of £22,214 - £25,728 for 35 hours each week.
|Closing Date :||
|Vacancy Ref: :||044052 www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk|