This educational resource provides access to the DEMAND-MI study cases including clinical history, coronary & structural imaging. The aim of this resource is to provide an overview of the clinical presentation & imaging findings in patients with type 2 myocardial infarction.
REGISTER TO REVIEW THE DEMAND-MI CASES
- We will send you a password for logging in
- Registration is free
LOGIN TO THE DEMAND-MI CASES
- 31 Aug 2022
- 20 cases go live online
- 22 Feb 2022
- Population of the case database is ongoing
- For those of you who register now, we will let you know when batches of new cases go live.
- 15 May 2021
- Website launched
- Findings presented at the 2021 American College of Cardiology Annual scientific session & expo
Study information / background
DEMAND-MI (NCT03338504) is the first prospective observational cohort study that aimed to determine the mechanism of myocardial injury and role of coronary disease in patients with type 2 myocardial infarction.
We invited one-hundred patients with a clinical diagnosis of type 2 myocardial infarction, who met study inclusion criteria, to participate. All patients provided written informed consent.
In all participants, we evaluated coronary anatomy by invasive or non-invasive (CT) coronary angiography, dependent on co-morbidities and patient preference.
We performed cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) in all patients without contraindications. Our scanner was a 3T scanner (MAGNETOM Verio, Siemens AG, Healthcare Sector, Erlangen, Germany).
We used the late gadolinium enhancement and T2 mapping techniques to identify regions of new or old myocardial infarction, as well as other patterns of injury, such as the mid-wall pattern associated with myocarditis.
An adjudication panel reviewed in detail, the electronic healthcare record of all participants, including all clinical documentation. In addition to routine clinical testing, the investigators reviewed the results of all research imaging.
The DEMAND-MI educational resource compiles one hundred clinical vignettes for all study participants, and includes:
- Examination findings
- Routine hospital investigations such as:
- Biochemistry blood tests
- Electrocardiogram, and
- Study imaging
- Relevant coronary imaging
- Invasive coronary angiogram or
- CT coronary angiogram and
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
- MCQ questions related to the electrocardiogram and imaging findings
- An interface which allows you to select & manipulate images
- Summary information so that you can compare your approach to each case, with the adjudication panel's approach
In addition, this educational resource includes questions on the investigation and clinical management of patients with type 2 myocardial infarction. We aim to compile your answers to these questions in order to evaluate current clinical practice around this condition.
This online resource is eligible for CPD in keeping with the Royal College of Radiologists guidelines.
Participants may complete up to 100 cases/ 5 hours of online CPD training. Certificates can be downloaded for every 20 cases/ 1 hour of online CPD training completed.
The DEMAND-MI study was approved by the South East Scotland Regional Ethics Committee (17/SS/0078), ACCORD, the Local NHS Health Board and conducted in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki.
The study was funded by the British Heart Foundation (FS/16/75/32533).
- Register for the DEMAND-MI cases here
- Login to the DEMAND-MI cases here
- DEMAND-MI study webpage
- British Heart Foundation
- 11 May 22. BCIS Young Investigator of the Year
- 05 Apr 22. DEMAND-MI Cases
- 30 Mar 22. Featured Paper. Coronary artery and cardiac disease in patients with type 2 myocardial infarction: a prospective cohort study
- 15 May 21. New cardiac imaging educational resource
- Please link to the short url for the DEMAND-MI cases webpage: