Online, UNsupervised learning
You can take almost all of our courses more cheaply without enrolling on a degree programme or working towards University credit, via our online, UNsupervised, self-directed learning (USSD) mode of study, which is eligible for Continuing Professional Development & Medical Education (CPD / CME) recognition.
Online, UNsupervised learning allows you "bare bones" access to our online teaching materials.
You will have access to:
- online lectures
- lecture pdf downloads to facilitate note taking
- resource / reading lists (downloadable as pdf)
Access to our online, UNsupervised learning materials will expire after 6 months.
You will NOT have access to:
- our tutors / online academic support
- the University of Edinburgh library (i.e. you will have to source your own portal to access our resource / reading list recommendations)
- our interactive activities
- virtual classrooms / discussion boards
This means you:
- can start to study whenever you want
- study at your own pace over your 6 month period of access, not tied in to our teaching schedule
- do not need to demonstrate competence in English language
- will not receive University of Edinburgh credits
- will be able to count hours of study towards Continuing Professional Development / Medical Education (CPD / CME)
- select the course you wish to study
- from the course information, click on the link 'unsupervised / self-directed learning course'
- pay for your course
- we will contact you within 72 hours with information about how to login & access your course(s) straight away.
- Please link to the short url for the online, UNsupervised learning webpage: