Online, supervised learning
Online, supervised learning earns you academic credit at the University of Edinburgh, as well as Continuing Professional Development & Medical Education (CPD / CME) recognition.
Online, supervised learning enables you to get a start on one of our degree programmes if you miss the September intake.
- If you are interested in & are able to start one of our degree programmes in September, please apply via the relevant degree programme pages:
- If you are interested in but are unable to start one of our degree programmes in September, you may enrol in some of our courses which start in January via this page, then transfer the credit to the degree programme of your choice the following September. Please read on.
- You may simply want to advance your knowledge through taking a small number of University of Edinburgh credit-bearing short courses. This gives you, who may not have the time, or financial resources to enrol on our full Masters, Diploma or Certificate, the opportunity to study & build a university credit portfolio, which can be put towards a degree award in the future.
- The University of Edinburgh calls this method of enrolment Postgraduate Professional Development (PgProfDev).
- You may take a maximum of 50 credits worth of courses over a maximum of two years through our PgProfDev scheme.
- At any point, you can transfer your credits & carry on studying towards a Masters, Diploma or Certificate.
- Our PgProfDev courses have start dates of either September or January.