Aims & learning outcomes
To disseminate imaging knowledge, skills & understanding, to enable effective & efficient imaging clinically, in research & in industry.
Aims of our flexible, intermittent, part-time, online distance learning (OLDL) programme:
- to provide an understanding of imaging theory, techniques, analysis & applications
- to develop research planning & designing skills, incorporating imaging
- to enable interpretation & analysis of relevant imaging data
- to relate imaging research to clinical applications
Learning outcomes for students who complete the full Master's (MSc) programme:
- Describe the full range of imaging theory, techniques, analysis & applications
- Discuss how imaging is used to investigate both normal & abnormal processes & functions (clinically & in research)
- Feel confident to undertake well designed, methodologically sound & practical research using imaging
- Create a study design methodology
- Analyse results & use statistics as applied to imaging studies
- Be aware of health & safety regulations & legislation related to imaging
- Translate from basic imaging research to the clinical arena
- Be empowered to take a critical view of existing research particularly with an awareness of reproducibility & reliability of techniques, sources of bias in research & clinically
- Demonstrate innovation before discussing & presenting their work to their peers
- Development of skills in grant & research proposal formulation
- Develop the tools to initiate & execute research autonomously & produce publishable research summaries
- Develop good practice in communication & collaboration using modern online communication tools
- Acquire imaging knowledge to engage with new developments
FAQ: Will I be a qualified radiologist after taking this training?
- This is a postgraduate degree leading to a MSc / Diploma / Certificate.
- This is not a substitute for specialist medical or surgical training, but may enhance or supplement such training.
- For training to become a radiologist, contact the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Our courses & programmes are:
- Often completed by trainees & qualified radiologists wishing to expand their imaging knowledge & analysis skills.
- Suitable for radiology & medical / surgical Continuing Professional Development (CPD) / Continuing Medical Education (CME) points & portfolios.