IMSc 2017 Aldo - Radiology registrar / resident
Aldo, a Radiology Registrar / Resident, is enrolled on the Edinburgh Imaging Academy Imaging MSc & hopes to use knowledge gained from our programme to underpin a career in research Radiology. He discusses the courses he studied in his first year of study.
Transcript - IMSc 2017 Aldo - Radiology registrar / resident
"Hello, my name is Aldo Vasquez, and I am a radiology resident in Mexico City; I studied there, and right now I am in the Imaging Master of Science programme.
Well the first two courses I took were techniques and physics, and clinical applications. Techniques and physics was a very complex course, there I learnt a lot about physical background of every imaging technique, and I think it is one of the most important courses because if you understand the basic knowledge of each imaging technique, you are going to understand all kinds of research applications, for example. The other one was clinical applications, for me that was like an introduction course to basic radiology, and although I am a radiology resident right now, I think it is useful to other kinds of professions like sonographers, and radiographers as well.
Right now I am finishing practicalities and safety, and image interpretation and evaluation. For example, practicalities and safety I think that is a necessary course as you are going to learn about how do you get permission to do research, how do you ask a patient how are you going to manage their information; is it private information? How are you going to keep it safe? That’s very important. And the other one, image interpretation and evaluation, one of the most important thing about this course, is you learn that having clinical background, for example from an X-ray or CT scan, is one of the most important things for the interpretation for it, having the clinical information is going to give you a better accuracy for your diagnoses, and I think that is very important to radiologists."
- IMSc 2017 Aldo - Radiology registrar / resident
- Hear Aldo discuss what he liked best about learning online & who he recommends this programme to, at his graduation.
- Hear Aldo discuss the knowledge he has gained in his second year of study & how this is beneficial.
- Hear Aldo discuss the courses he studied in his second year of study.
- Hear Aldo discuss who he recommends the Imaging MSc programme to, during his first year of study.
- Hear Aldo discuss what career choices are open to radiology registrars who complete this online Masters in Medical Imaging, during his first year of study.