A university honours degree (1st or 2:1), or equivalent (3.25 GPA), or relevant work / life experience; English language requirements; appropriate computing and internet access.
Background subjects relevant to our programmes include:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Image Analysis
- Image Processing
- Computer Science
- Stroke Medicine
- Geriatrics / Medicine of the Elderly
English language requirements and online support:
Pre-induction online course in Learn
Open access pre-induction course to students who have received an offer, providing examples of online courses and support.
FAQ: Do I need an English language certificate to study?
- It depends on what you want to study:
YES you do, if you want to study for university credit e.g. MSc, Diploma, Certificate, or Personal Professional Development (PgProfDev / PPD)
- Visit the University of Edinburgh website which explains the English language requirement for credit bearing courses & programmes
- NO you don't if you want to study our unsupervised, self-directed short courses
Our online programmes and courses require you to access materials, discussion boards, references, activities and other online learning tools, via the internet.
You are responsible for your own technical set-up. We expect you to take responsibility for your access to the programme, make back-ups of your work, and to organise alternate access if required.
You are not expected to be a technical whizz. We provide guidance and training for the tools we use.
The University’s IS department do provide distance learning support; and also on weekdays the Edinburgh Imaging Academy office can also offer advice.
FAQ: Do I need to buy software to participate?
- NO you do not, if you are studying with us for credit, as a fully matriculated student of the University of Edinburgh
- If you are taking non-credit bearing courses via our unsupervised, self-directed route, you may need to acquire a software licence