The preclinical ultrasound imaging facility boasts a state-of-the-art high frequency ultrasound scanner (Vevo 770, Visualsonics) offering spatial resolution down to 30 microns. The system is non-invasive, which allows longitudinal measurements and reduces the number of specimens required.
VisualSonics’ Vevo 770 offers spatial resolution down to 30 microns; in fact the highest resolution available in real-time today. And the system is non-invasive, which allows longitudinal study and reduces the number of specimens required. VisualSonics technology provides scientific professionals with a simple method for efficiently viewing extremely small physiological structures and for imaging living tissue and blood flow with near-microscopic resolution.
The Vevo is able to deliver the researcher:
- Non invasive, in vivo visualization of embryo’s through to adulthood — in real-time.
- Ability to perform longitudinal studies of disease progression and regression in individual subjects.
- Image resolution of anatomical and physiological structures of down to 30 microns.
- Ability to visualize image-guided needle injection and extraction.
- Microcirculatory and cardiovascular blood flow assessment.
- High throughput via user-friendly equipment and research-driven interface.
- Open architecture allowing comprehensive measurement and annotations and offline data analysis.