ACCORD Update Webinars
A webinar series delivered by the ACCORD Office highlighting updates in R&D process and practice.
This webinar series commenced in April 2022 and has been delivered by the NHS Lothian ACCORD Office and facilitated by Edinburgh Clinical Research Facility.
All webinars will be delivered online. Booking links for each webinar will be available on this page when registration opens.
Information Governance and Caldicott requirements for Research through NHS Lothian R&D and DataLoch
Friday 26 August 2022
13:00 - 14:00 BST
This ACCORD event will provide an overview of what Investigators & Sponsors need to consider when planning to work on a research project in Lothian that involves processing personal information from research participants and routine clinical records. The presenters will provide information on the University of Edinburgh DataLoch, as well as local Caldicott and Information Governance/IT Security requirements when processing NHS Lothian patient data.
- Pamela Linksted (DataLoch Information Governance Manager)
- Pavlina Yaneva McGovern (R&D Information Governance Lead)
Book here 26/08/2022 (link to external Zoom website)
Contracts and Costings
Thursday 22 September 2022
13:00 - 14:00 BST
This ACCORD update event will focus on contracts and costing requirements for clinical research taking place in Lothian. Our experts from the NHS Lothian R&D team and the University of Edinburgh Research Office will summarise all you need to know for both locally sponsored and hosted research projects.
- Dr Douglas Young (Principal R&D Manager, NHSL)
- Glen Merritt (R&D Accountant & SoECAT Specialist, NHSL)
- Clare Whittaker (Head of Research Contracts, Governance and Integrity, UoE)
- Dr Jen Hazelton (Head of Research Funding in Edinburgh Research Office, UoE)
Book here 22/09/2022 (link to external Zoom website)
- September 2022
- Combined Review – The Story so Far
- October 2022
- Risk Assessment and Adaptation for Clinical Trials
- November 2022
- Recruiting Adults with Incapacity in Healthcare Research
- December 2022
- Ask ACCORD - Q&A Session
Do you have any suggestions for future webinar topics? If so, please complete the following survey.
Suggestions for future webinars (link to external website)
- Video: ACCORD Update Webinar recordings
- A webinar series delivered by the ACCORD Office highlighting updates in R&D process and practice.
ACCORD Overview and Services & Transparency in Clinical Trials
This introductory session will featured an overview of ACCORD services, information on how their performance is measured and how they are funded, and key contacts that can support your research. In addition, the national and local work ongoing around research transparency in health and social care research was discussed.
- Fiona McArdle - Deputy R&D Director
- Marise Bucukoglu - Head of Research Governance, UoE
- Heather Charles - Head of Research Governance, NHS Lothian
Clinical Trials Involving Advanced Therapies: What do I need to know?
Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) are an exciting new class of medicine, however, delivering these within clinical trials has its own unique challenges and considerations. This session will cover: what ATMPs are, the different types of ATMPs, why a GM Safety Committee is required and the additional steps required to successfully open a clinical trial involving ATMPs within NHS Lothian.
Ruaridh Buchan (Advanced Pharmacist, Clinical Trials)
Lisa Wotherspoon (Advanced Therapies Quality and Product Manager)