What you will learn
Our course covers the fundamental aspects of adult sleep medicine.
We will focus on the fundamentals of adult sleep medicine and discuss recent developments. We aim to increase the profile of the discipline to encourage more research, networking and training opportunities.
Aims and objectives
Building on the expertise of our Department, the focus will be on adult sleep and its disorders. Over the duration of course we aim to:
- teach the fundamentals of sleep medicine.
- provide up-to-date information on the theory and practice of sleep medicine.
- develop educational, research and career opportunities.
- strengthen availability of vocational training in sleep in the UK and Europe.
The course will consist of lectures, tutorials and hands-on workshops. Topics covered include:
- Physiology and pathophysiology of sleep and breathing
- Technical aspects of sleep measurement
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration
- Modes of delivering positive airway pressure
- Parasomnias and nocturnal epilepsy
- Periodic leg movements
- Sleep apnoea and cardiovascular risk factors
We invite esteemed speakers from research institutions across the UK and Europe.
Rest of Europe
|Professor W DeBacker||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Professor S Nevsimalova||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Professor D Riemann||Freiburg, Germany|
|Dr M Czisch||Munich, Germany|
|Dr S Ryan||Dublin, Ireland|
|Professor R Farre||Barcelona, Spain|
Declaration of special interests
We aim to ensure that the educational activities we offer are not influenced by the special interests of individuals associated with the programme.
Having an interest in or affiliation with a corporate organisation does not necessarily influence a speaker’s presentation. However, the relationship must be made known in advance in accordance with guidelines.