Dr Maria Valdes-Hernandez nominated to EUSA Teaching Awards 2022
Nomination Category: Student Tutor of the Year
Dr Maria Valdes-Hernandez nominated to EUSA Teaching Awards 2022, in category of Student Tutor of the Year.
The Teaching Awards 2022 winners were announced at our online Ceremony aired on the Student's Association Facebook on Wednesday 25 May 2022.
About Dr Maria Valdes-Hernandez
Dr Maria Valdes-Hernandez is the Row Fogo Lecturer in Medical Image Analysis.
Dr Maria Valdes-Hernandez is an accomplished scientist is the field of medical image analysis. She is an author of over 200 scientific publications, datasets and developed artificial intelligence algorithms.
A student who nominated Dr Valdes-Hernandez to this award said the following about Maria:
Approachability, knowledge and expertise
About EUSA Teaching Awards
Edinburgh University Student Association Awards are awarded annualy. The Awards provide students with an opportunity to thank staff for their hard work and celebrate the very best of teaching and support at the University.
The Teaching Awards 2022 nominations were given in the following categories:
- Outstanding Commitment to Social Justice and Sustainability
- Outstanding Course
- Outstanding Innovation in Digital Teaching
- Personal Tutor of the Year
- Student Tutor of the Year
- Supervisor of the Year
- Support Staff of the Year
- Teacher of the Year (College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Teacher of the Year (College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine)
- Teacher of the Year (College of Science and Engineering)