Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
These fully online courses, available year round, offer an exciting opportunity for clinicians, scientists and members of the public to stay up-to-date with the latest advances in neurodegenerative diseases, models and stem cells.
These non-credit bearing online learning courses are suitable for clinicians and scientists with an interest in neurology, for those starting out in the field or those who need a neurology refresher.
They also offer education for frontline clinical neurological staff who would like to understand more about how human diseases are modelled in the neuroscientific world to better understand research and improve public engagement.
Our courses may also be useful to members of the public with an interest in discovering more about neurodegenerative diseases.
Key features of the CPD courses
- Self-contained, online learning courses delivered via a custom designed learning environment
- Delivered entirely online via your web browser - no plugins or software downloads required
- Each course has specific participation requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to receive your ‘Certificate of Participation’
- Includes online presentations, reading material and self-directed study
These CPD courses are most suitable for clinicians and scientists with an interest in neurology. There are no minimum entry requirements; however, to gain the most from the CPD courses, we would strongly suggest that applicants also:
- hold a higher education qualification, for example Diploma, BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons), and,
- be sufficiently fluent in English reading, listening and writing to engage effectively
What do you get at the end of the course?
At the end of each course, you will have some weeks to review and reflect on your understanding of the course materials. Participants taking a CPD course will receive a Certificate of Participation on evidence that they have:
- logged in to the learning environment each week while the course is live
- contributed to any other online learning requirements of the course
CPD module options
We currently offer two CPD modules, with more in development. We allow 12 weeks for participants to complete each module. Full details of the modules on offer, registration details and cost can be found on their dedicated pages: