Prof James Boardman
Prof James Boardman is Chair of Neonatal Medicine, jointly affiliated with CCBS and the MRC Centre for Reproductive Health.
- Director of the Jennifer Brown Research Laboratory
- MRC Centre for Reproductive Health
- Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences
- Work: +44 (0)131 242 2567
- PA, Karen Witherspoon: +44 (0)131 242 2694
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: profile on MRC Centre for Reproductive Health website
- Web: Prof James Boardman profile on Edinburgh Research Explorer
- Web: Jennifer Brown Research Laboratory
- Web: Theirworld Edinburgh Birth Cohort (TEBC)
Professor Boardman researches the role of quantitative magnetic resonance imaging to investigate brain development of fetuses and neonates, factors that confer risk or resilience to brain injury associated with premature birth, and the relationship between quantitative MR features and long-term functional outcome.
He is scientific director of the Jennifer Brown Research Laboratory, situated in the MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, and principal investigator of the Theirworld Edinburgh Birth Cohort, a world-leading research study aiming to improve the lives of babies born early and their families.