Dr Sheila Howitt
Dr Sheila Howitt is a Clinical Lecturer in the Division of Psychiatry.
Dr Howitt studied Medicine at the University of Edinburgh and completed her Core Psychiatric training in the South East Scotland Deanery. She is currently undertaking Higher Training in Forensic Psychiatry in tandem with her university work.
Dr Howitt’s research interests lie in offender mental health. She has a particular interest in personality disorders and psychopathy. She is currently engaged in research investigating Attention Deficit Disorder in offending populations and its links with criminality.
- Segmental vessel ligation in patients undergoing anterior spinal deformity surgery
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (2008) British Volume, Vol 90-B, Issue 4, 474-479
- Tsirikos AI, Howitt SP, McMaster MJ
- Clozapine Antipsychotic Polypharmacy: audit of use and patient monitoring
- The Psychiatrist (2013) 37: 322-325
- Wilson S, Hamilton R, Callender J, MacManus A, Howitt S, Okpo