Who we are
Information about the make-up of CCBS and its place in the University structure.
- CCBS has 47 Principal Investigators (PIs).
- >70% of the PIs are also active NHS clinicians.
- The Director of CCBS is Professor Colin Smith, Chair of Neuropathology
- The PIs supervise approximately 80 clinical or non-clinical PhD students, plus MSc students and those on other postgraduate courses.
- CCBS is part of the Deanery of Clinical Sciences, Edinburgh Medical School, in the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
- CCBS is part of Edinburgh Neuroscience: the vibrant, integrated, and interdisciplinary research structure that facilitates interaction between researchers across groups, Centres, Schools and Colleges.
- For administrative purposes, CCBS is divided into: Clinical Neurosciences (Director: Professor Siddharthan Chandran); Neuroimaging Sciences (Director: Professor Joanna Wardlaw); and Psychiatry (Director: Professor Daniel Smith).
CCBS researchers play a leading role in specialist centres of excellence, many of which are funded by philanthropic donations: