Welcome to Chaplaincy
The Chaplaincy is a University provision of pastoral and spiritual support for students and staff of all faiths and none.
- A place of welcome.
- The University Listening Service for staff and students with one to one support.
- A calm creative space at the centre of the University.
- Open Space: Social drop-in with tea and coffee (by donation).
- Opportunities for personal and spiritual development.
- Exploration of values, personal, social and environmental.
- A centre for social, justice, human rights and peace campaigning.
- Worship facilities and belief contacts for a wide variety of faiths.
- Multi-faith and belief events, meals, conversations and festivals.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Meeting spaces for student groups and religion & belief groups.
- Video: Chaplaincy Q&A Video
- Chaplaincy Q&A video
We offer a variety of events at The Chaplaincy:
- University-wide events including the Carol Service.
- Wellbeing lunchtime practices of mindfulness, Capacitar tai chi, and yoga.
- Courses including Eco-Spirituality, Mindfulness & Compassion courses.
- Smaller events including memorials for students or members of staff.
- Multi-faith and belief events and faith-based celebrations including Diwali and Eid.
- Lecture series
- International events.
- ‘What is the University for?’ programme of events.
- Circles of conversations around topical themes.
- Weekly communion service and Taize prayer.
- Opportunities to explore and engage in environmental and social justice issues.
Details of upcoming events can be found here.
The Chaplaincy Centre
The Chaplaincy has a variety of spaces around the University. Our main centre is located at the Chaplaincy Centre at 1 Bristo Square, which is part of the Potterow student centre.
We also have spaces at King's Buildings on the 3rd floor of the Mary Brück building (including Muslim prayer rooms), the Vet School, Moray House and Little France, and the George Square Labyrinth.