How we work with Schools
Find out more about how the Careers Service works with Schools to create careers events and workshops for your students
We can work with you in a range of ways to create bespoke, tailored workshops and events for your students. You'll see some examples of our work in Schools where we have collaborated with academics and colleagues from other departments including Development and Alumni below.
Please then get in touch with us if you'd like to discuss some ideas.
Some examples of our work in Schools
We support Schools across the University with developing events including:
- 'Making the most of your time away' - a talk and social event for second year Business School students embarking on a year abroad
- Developing a series of online sessions on CVs and LinkedIn for online distance learning students in the Vet School
- 'Preparing for and presenting your project experience' - interactive workshops for the School of Physics and Astronomy's Career Development Scholarship Programme
- Supporting the History of Art Toolkit - a series of lunchtime workshops to help students build study and wider life skills in Edinburgh College of Art
- Application and interviews workshops for Sport and Recreation Management students in preparation for a compulsory placement in the Moray House School of Education & Sport
- Working with the School of Engineering to support industrial placements including a post-placement workshop helping students to consider what they have learned from their experience
- 'Chemistry: From Concept to Consumer' - workshops in the School of Chemistry supported by employers who provide case studies of typical issues where students try out different roles
- A workshop to support first year students in the School of Maths to focus on how they will develop themselves during university
Examples of alumni events
We also collaborate with School staff, colleagues in Development and Alumni and our graduates to create alumni events. Some recent examples include:
- An alumni careers evening in the Deanery of Biomedical Sciences
- An alumni showcase event for Applied Sports Science and Sport and Recreation Management in the Moray House School of Education & Sport
- An alumni speed networking event in the School of Biological Sciences
- An alumni panel event on careers in software engineering in the School of Informatics
- Life Beyond PPLS - an alumni panel event in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences
Get in touch
We're always happy to discuss ideas for talks, events, workshops and fairs relevant to your School. Contact your Link Careers Consultant for more information.