Information for staff
The Employ.ed on Campus internship programme gives you the chance to enhance your team and support a University of Edinburgh student by offering a summer internship within your department or School.
Why host an intern?
- To complete projects that may be on hold or will not otherwise be done
- To open your department up to new skills, energy and ideas - without a huge cost
- To gain a new motivated team member
How does the Careers Service support staff?
- Help finalise the project and intern job description
- Advertise internships, shortlist applications and support you with the interview process
- Deliver an information event for Host Managers
- Design and run a development programme for the interns before, during and after their internship
Please read our guide for full details on the programme and guidance on planning your internship:
Specific dates for 2019/20 can be found in the guide above.
- Register your interest so we have an idea about who wants to take part
- Submit a job specification by the 9th Dec.
- Internships and Work Experience Team review and return job specs by the 13th Jan.
- Local eRecruitment Administrator create staff request on eRecruitment, and arrange approvals. Deadline for eRecruitment approvals: 27th Jan.
- Internships advertised on MyCareerHub and promoted to students: February
- Shortlisting and interviews: March
- Interns start: June
All Departments and Schools are eligible to participate in the programme. Please register your interest below
Hear from previous line managers and interns
We asked some previous line managers and interns about their experience and any advice they would offer to future Employ.ed participants.
If you have any questions regarding the Employ.ed on Campus programme, please contact the Internships and Work Experience Team.
Telephone: 0131 651 5483