The successful Employ.ed on Campus internship programme, now entering its 7th year, is offering you the chance to support a University of Edinburgh student by offering a summer internship within your department or School.
Why host an intern?
- To complete projects that may be on hold or will not otherwise be done
- To open your department up to new skills, energy and ideas - without a huge cost
- To gain a new motivated team member
How does the Careers Service support staff?
- Help finalise the project and intern job specification
- Advertise internships, shortlist applications and support host managers with the interview process
- Deliver an information event for Host Managers: 9th May 2018
- Design and run a development programme for the interns before, during and after their internship
A brief overview of the programme, including the support the Careers Service provides staff, can be found in our:
All Departments and Schools are eligible to participate in the programme. Please register your interest by the 28th of November
Register your interest
Hear from previous Employ.ed managers
The process for hosting a Summer intern is simple and we can support you throughout. The key dates are below but please read our:
By 28th November 2017
By 20th December 2017
- Submit a job specification: Scope projects and submit job specification(s) for the Internships Team to review. Managers are required to complete a job specification to allow the Careers Service to gain the necessary approvals and advertise the positions to students in February. Examples of previous internships and job specifications can be provided.
1st - 21st February 2018
- We will advertise the internships on MyCareerHub and promote to students.
28th February 2018
- We will send applications received and shortlists to Host Managers for review.
1st - 9th March 2018
- Host managers shortlist from applications.
12th - 30th March 2018
- Interviews take place. Departments are responsible for appointing their chosen intern on eRecruitment and liaising with HR to receive the contract.
9th May (9am -10:15am) 2018
- Information Event for Host Managers.
4th June 2018
If you have any questions regarding the Employ.ed on Campus programme, please contact the Internships Team.
Telephone: 0131 650 4670