Information for students
The Careers Service, in collaboration with a range of University of Edinburgh departments, offers a structured internship programme - Employ.ed on Campus - for 2nd, 3rd and penultimate year undergraduate students during the summer.
- Gain paid work experience at the University
- Take part in a programme of support: induction day, interim and end of placement event.
- Complete an Edinburgh Award where you will enhance your employability, self-reflection, and learn how to articulate your experience to future employers
I hugely enjoyed my work placement, I've grown a lot, overcome challenges and feel more confident in myself as a result. It has truly been an invaluable experience for me.
Who can apply?
- Current 2nd, 3rd and penultimate year undergraduate students matriculated at the University of Edinburgh.
- Students studying via distance learning courses or visiting the University on an exchange programme are not eligible
- If you have previously participated in the Employ.ed on Campus programme you are not eligible to apply
- Most roles are open to students from all Schools. Details of specific criteria will be in each job advert.
Application process and support:
- Applications for 2020 summer internships are open until the 23rd Feb.
- All internships are advertised on MyCareerHub, and there is also a list linked below.
- To apply you will be asked to complete an application form on MyCareerHub. You will need to upload a CV and answer application questions.
- Get support with your application:
- All internships will start in June, and most are either 10 or 12 weeks long.
Please contact the Internships and Work Experience Team for more information about the scheme: Employ.email@example.com