About the Careers Service
Welcome to the University of Edinburgh Careers Service. We are here to support you in developing your career, no matter what you want to do or where you want to do it.
We have two locations; on the Third Floor of the Main Library Building in George Square and Murchison House, King’s Buildings. We are open throughout the year, including vacations.
Our services include:
- Helping you make the most of your time at university by gaining work and other experiences
- Support in planning ahead through careers guidance
- Advertising part-time jobs and internships for students
- Advertising graduate jobs in the UK and internationally
- Hosting a programme of employer talks and events
- Support with the application process for employment and further study
- Events specifically for international students, including seminars on working in the UK after your studies in partnership with Edinburgh Global and the Student Immigration Service, and a range of webinars with international employers.
How we differ from careers services in other countries:
It may be that there are some differences between what we provide and what you have experience in other countries - if you are in doubt please get in touch with us.
- We have excellent connections with employers, but we do not place students or graduates into jobs. Instead we support you by providing information, vacancies and advice on your job search.
- We do not write CVs or applications for you, or check for spelling or grammatical mistakes, but we can give you feedback on how to improve your applications.
- We are not able to advise you on your eligibility to work in the UK, for that you need to see the Student Immigration Service.
- We cannot tell you what career path you should follow, but we can give you guidance to discover areas that might interest you. You do not need to know what you want to do to use the service.
To find out more about how we can help, visit one of our offices and speak with our friendly staff.