Careers Service

How we can support you

There are lots of ways you can access support from the Careers Service whether you are staying in Edinburgh or going further afield.

Information, advice and guidance

Find out how you can access individual support. We can provide advice and guidance as well as information, and if you can't come in to see us we can often offer support by Skype or phone.


As a graduate you are still very welcome to attend any of the Careers Service and employer events at Edinburgh. You'll find details of all these on MyCareerHub.

Careers Service and employer events

You can still attend the summer and autumn graduate careers fairs. Autumn fairs coincide with the beginning of the recruitment cycle and are a great opportunity to find out about and network with employers. All the employers who attend the summer fairs still have vacancies.

Edinburgh Careers Fairs

If you are no longer living in the Edinburgh area and can't travel to our fairs you may be able to go to careers fairs held by other universities local to you. You will find a list of these on the Prospects website:

Prospects - UK Graduate Careers Fairs


University of Edinburgh graduates can use the Careers Service for up to two years after your official end date.

Access to the Main Library Building

Graduates of the University will be able to gain access to the library via a free of charge reference card which will allow them to access our services on the 3rd floor.

Applications for reference cards can be made online and via the self-help kiosks to the left of the entrance area of the library. They can then be collected from the Library Helpdesk, when proof of address and photographic ID, such as a driving licence or passport, is shown.

Apply for a reference card online

If you are not eligible

Skills Development Scotland is responsible for providing an all-age careers guidance service in Scotland. For contact details, please go to the Skills Development Scotland website.

Skills Development Scotland

Other University Careers Services in the UK and Ireland may provide services for graduates of British and Irish universities. Check before visiting them - contact details for Careers Services are on the website of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS).


The National Careers Service is for people across England. People over 19 can contact an adviser for face to face guidance.

National Careers Service