Graduate Careers Support
Welcome on board! We know the transition from being a student to life beyond university has its challenges, and we’re here to support you with that
How does the Careers Service Support our graduates?
We can offer support whatever stage you are at with your career development - whether you have a clear career plan or none.
You have full access to our wide range of support for 2 years after graduation. That includes:
- MyCareerHub – where you can ask us questions, search for vacancies, sign up for our events, and access resources to help you understand yourself better
- Individual appointments with our team of Careers Consultants throughout the year (also available via Skype/Telephone)
Events taking place:
We run a busy and varied events calendar - check out the "Events" tab of MyCareerHub to see details of events:
Not sure what your next steps might be?
- This is very common and can feel really overwhelming as a recent graduate - start with our career planning resources, but you can also book an appointment to talk it through with us.
- Find out what options there are with your degree, as well as destinations of past graduates, from our school-specific pages.
Have a career in mind, but not sure how to get there?
- You can get quality and up-to-date information on a wide range of career areas on our website.
- Attend employer events in your field of interest (all advertised via MyCareerHub).
Unsure how to find a graduate job?
- Not all graduate jobs come in the form of a graduate scheme - full advice on finding a range of graduate vacancies, including applying for unadvertised jobs, can be found on our website.
- Check out our top tips series of presentations to ease the recruitment process:
- Top Tips: Applications
- Top Tips: CVs
- Top Tips: Interviews
Why is resilience important?
As you are about to embark on your career journey, you cannot predict where exactly it will take you, but you can be prepared. Resilience will help you achieve success and cope with challenges you may face. To find out more about resilience read our blog posts:
Stay connected with the University
Stay up-to-date and connect with us on:
Alumni Groups - visit the alumni pages to find out about the University's worldwide professional and social alumni networks, and other resources: