Graduate Careers Support
Support from the Careers Service doesn’t stop when you graduate. You can continue to use us as you develop your graduate career. And with many of our services now available online our support is easy to access wherever you are.
Graduating in 2019? Sign up for our newsletter and find out how we can help.
How does the Careers Service Support our graduates?
We can offer support whether you have a clear career plan or none. For the frist two years after you graduate this includes access to:
- MyCareerHub – where you can ask us questions, search for vacancies, sign up for our events, and access resources to help you understand yourself better
- Individual appointments - with our team of Careers Consultants throughout the year (also available via Skype/Telephone)
- Events - we run a full and varied events calendar, many of which are available online - check out the "Events" tab of MyCareerHub to see details.
Not sure what your next steps might be?
- This is very common and can feel really overwhelming as a recent graduate - start with our career planning resources, but you can also book an appointment to talk it through with us.
- Find out what options there are with your degree, as well as destinations of past graduates, from our school-specific pages.
Have a career in mind, but not sure how to get there?
- You can get information on a wide range of career areas on our website.
- Attend employer events in your field of interest (all advertised via MyCareerHub).
- Use Platform 1 to get advice from alumni working in different industries.
Unsure how to find a graduate job?
- Not all graduate jobs come in the form of a graduate scheme - full advice on finding a range of graduate vacancies, including applying for unadvertised jobs, can be found on our website.
- Check out our top tips series of presentations to ease the recruitment process:
- Top Tips: Applications
- Top Tips: CVs
- Top Tips: Interviews
Why is resilience important?
As you are about to embark on your career journey, you cannot predict where exactly it will take you, but you can be prepared. Resilience will help you achieve success and cope with challenges you may face. To find out more about resilience read our blog posts:
Stay connected with the University
Stay up-to-date and connect with us on:
Stay connected to your alumni community on Platform 1.