Privacy Statement for Employers
This page details the Privacy statement for how the University of Edinburgh Careers Service will handle Employer data.
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
It is in the University’s legitimate interest to use your professional contact information to deliver the services that you are seeking from us and to keep you informed about how we are able to help you. We use your information to:
- Inform you about our services, including advertising jobs, taking part in events and building your profile at the University
- Update you about the University and our students and graduates via regular newsletters
- Seek your feedback via occasional surveys
- Enquire about involvement in student development and recruitment activities
- Contact you about any changes to the terms and conditions relating to the services we offer
The University uses an external company, CareerHub, as our data processor. They provide us with the MyCareerHub database to allow us, as data controllers, to contact you and administer our services.
We will hold the professional contact details you provide for up to 3 years but will contact you on annual basis to verify your details and check that you wish to remain on our database.
This Privacy Statement is continued at:
If you have any questions or wish to be removed from our database, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org