Information for recruitment agencies and career advisory organisations
Information and support for recruitment agencies and careers advisory organisation’s
Advice regarding COVID 19
Terms and conditions for recruitment agencies
We will work with recruitment agencies who are representing employers if:
- An employer has commissioned the agency to recruit on their behalf. We would expect the agency to state the employer on any advertisement through the Careers Service
- The agency are recruiting for opportunities within their organisation
- The Careers Service are satisfied that the agencies opportunities are in the interests of students and graduates of the university
Advertising opportunities on behalf of an employer:
We are therefore happy to advertise vacancies where the employer is declared by the agency and named within the advert or where the vacancy is within the agency. To advertise please post your vacancy via MyCareerHub, our vacancy and events portal.
Recruitment agencies are considered for attendance at Careers Service events if:
- The agency has been commissioned by an employer to act on their behalf and the agency books onto the event as the employer. The agency would then brand itself, provide information about and select only for the named employer.
- The agency talk exclusively about their organisations’ opportunities as opposed to any opportunities that they are advertising on behalf of employers.
The above also applies to commercial organisations offering agency-type services (e.g. online job boards).
If your agency is sector specific, we will consider linking to your website from relevant sector-specific pages on our website.
We publish a survey of Edinburgh recruitment agencies every two years. If you are based in Edinburgh and the Lothians and would like to participate in the survey please email the Employer Team.
Terms and conditions for careers advisory organisations
We will work with careers advisory organisation’s who are recruiting for opportunities within their organisation so long as those opportunities meet our terms and conditions. To advertise please post your vacancy vib MyCareerHub, our vacancy and events portal.
- Careers advisory organisation’s are considered for attendance at Careers Service events if are recruiting for opportunities within their organisation.
- However, careers advisory organisations will not be considered for attendance at careers service events if the organisation charges students for services offered by the University of Edinburgh Careers Service for free.