Careers Service

Advertise your job

We can help you promote your opportunities to our students and recent graduates through our online portal, MyCareerHub, and through our supported internships programmes

University members of staff 

Go to How to recruit University of Edinburgh students


If you want to advertise an opportunity completely free of charge, MyCareerHub is the place to do this for: 

MCH Infographic
  • Graduate Jobs
  • Internships and placements
  • Part-time and casual work (we advise Undergraduate students to work up to 15 hours a week during semester and full-time PhD students cannot work more than an average of 9 hours per week)
  • Vacation jobs
  • Voluntary opportunities (overseas only)

Register on MyCareerHub now

Please see below for some Careers Service top tips.

For further guidance, please see our resources below or get in touch with the team.


In line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into law on 25th May 2018 the University of Edinburgh Careers Service Privacy Policy describes how we use your data and communicate with you.

View our privacy statement for employers



Supported Internships Programme

The Careers Service runs a variety of internship programmes to support employers. In partnership with the Santander Universities Internship Scheme, we have some funding and support available for SMEs and Third Sector organisations who are looking to recruit University of Edinburgh students and graduates. We can also help you access high-level research and analytical skills and expertise through our part-time Internship programme for current PhD students.

Please note that the Employ.ed in an SME programme has been paused for the academic year 2020/21.

Find out more information on the Careers Service Supported Internships Programme

View the AGCAS Common Best Practice Code on High Quality Internships (PDF)


Hiring international students

It may be easier than you think to apply for a visa for one of our international graduates.

Find out more about hiring our international students

Learn the facts about permission to work in the UK


Most University of Edinburgh students are not required to undertake 6 - 12 month placements as part of their course.  However, the School of Engineering and School of Chemistry do offer some placement opportunities for their students.

Find contact details for the School of Engineering

Find contact details for the School of Chemistry

Contact if you any further enquiries about placements.

Advertising with other Scottish universities 

You can also promote your vacancy free of charge at all other Scottish Universities.

See the AGCAS Scotland website for more details on this. 

Further resources for:

University of Edinburgh semester dates.

Recruitment agencies and Careers advisory organisations:

The Careers Service will work with private agencies representing employers and providing careers advice. 

Please see our information for recruitment agencies and careers advisory organisations.

Volunteering opportunities:

The Careers Service can advertise international voluntary roles on MyCareerHub.

Voluntary roles based in Edinburgh or the rest of the UK can be advertised through the Students Association Volunteering Service.

Private Householders:

To help you feel supported and confident in offering our students work, we have provided this short guide outlining the basic requirements of recruitment.

View our good practice guide for private household employers.