Details of the different types of appointment we offer, what you can use them for, how to book and what you need to know before you attend
Appointments are available at our offices in the Main Library Building at the Central Campus and at the Weir Building, King’s Buildings. Our appointments are also available via Skype.
20 minute appointments
You can book an appointment for:
- Feedback on a CV, covering letter or application form – please bring a printed copy or viewable device
- Feedback on your LinkedIn profile
- General careers advice and guidance
You can book your appointment in MyCareerHub and bookings open two days in advance. At the end of your appointment if we feel you need more time to discuss your career plans then you may be referred for a longer appointment.
- Practice interviews are designed to help you prepare for and feel more confident with interviews.
- You can book practice interview if you have an interview coming up or have submitted a job application that might result in an interview.
- Demand for these is always high so we can offer you up to 2 a year and you will need to book at least 3 days in advance.
- When you book your practice interview please upload your application documents and details about the job so that we can prepare questions.
If you are more than five minutes late for your appointment we may not be able to see you
Before you book
You will get the most from your appointment if you cover the basics before you come. Look at our page on how to prepare to make sure you get the most from your appointment
Book your appointment now
You can book an appointment through MyCareerHub and you can have up to 2 appointments in a 2 week period:
Fair use policy
We operate a fair use policy which tells you what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. You can download this here: