Education & Training
Education links & resources for postgraduate study and clinical training
The Centre for Cardiovascular Science welcomes students from biomedical and clinical backgrounds from around the world.
Helpful links and information for current students at the Centre for Cardiovascular Science.
Hear about the student experience from current CVS PhD students in the videos below:
Eleanor McKay, first year PhD student, discusses her research into Alström syndrome, a rare genetic disease, along with her role on the Edinburgh University Cycling Team.
- Video: CVS PhD Video - 2020 Eleanor McKay
- CVS 2020 PhD video of Eleanor McKay, talking about her student research experience
Holly Woodward, second year PhD student, discusses her research into aortic valve disease and her extra curricular activities at the Edinburgh BioQuarter.
- Video: CVS PhD Video - 2020 Holly Woodward
- Video of PhD student Holly Woodward from the Centre for Cardiovascular Science, explaining what she studies and why she enjoys studying at CVS.
Greg Sutton, third year PhD student, discusses his research into blood pressure and the immune system. He also highlights the collaborative nature of research at CVS.
- Video: CVS PhD Video - 2020 Greg Sutton
- Video of PhD student Greg Sutton from the Centre for Cardiovascular Science
Katherine Kentistou, third year PhD student, discusses her background and path to studying the genetics of metabolism and obesity.
- Video: CVS PhD Video - 2020 Katherine Kentistou
- Video of PhD student Katherine Kentistou from the Centre for Cardiovascular Science, explaining how she came to study the genetics of metabolism and obesity at CVS.