Your career with us
Diverse and enthusiastic people driven to grow and succeed.
By working with us, you will join a dynamic research community that enhances our world-leading cancer research.
Our research mission is focused on innovation and collaboration enabling the development of a diverse range of skills and expertise.
We offer a wealth of exciting and challenging job opportunities for cancer researchers.
Explore the many reasons for working with the Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre:
- Support CRUK’s mission to beat cancer sooner.
- Be part of a wider cancer researcher network across Edinburgh.
- Life sciences in Edinburgh ranks among the top 20 best in the world.
- Meet remarkable people; world-renowned researchers, cancer research clinicians, nurses, and innovators.
- Develop a career in translational cancer research. We benefit from collaborations across a wide range of scientific disciplines throughout the University, as well as the close links with the clinic.
- We are commited to the continuing professional and personal development of future leaders.
- Enjoy our wider IGMM Community with unparalleled socio-cultural opportunities.
- The University of Edinburgh offers excellent work-life benefits.
- Edinburgh has been voted best city to live in the UK according to USwitch. Discover life in Edinburgh.
- Our campus is conveniently located near vibrant Stockbridge with excellent transport links to Central Edinburgh and a shuttle bus to other University locations.
Interested in joining us?
All our vacancies are advertised on the University of Edinburgh eRecruitment website. We encourage talented individuals to directly contact our Principal Investigators to explore the possibility of applying for externally funded Fellowships.
We have an excellent sucess rate in supporting early career researchers. If you are a a post doc researcher we can support your application for:
- CRUK Career Development Fellowship
- CRUK Clinician Scientist Fellowship
- CRUK Cancer Prevention Fellowship
If you are an established researcher there are further options within CRUK:
- Career Establishment Award
- Biomarker Project Award
- Science Committee Programme Awards