Meet our investigators and learn about their research.
Did you know that our cancer fighting team consists not only of Doctors, Chemists and Biologists, but also Engineers, Mathematicians and Computing experts?
Our researchers want to inspire the next generation of scientists and we offer opportunities for students to meet our investigators and learn about the exciting biological applications of the STEM subjects.
To find out more about the possibilities for your school or to host an inspirational careers talk please contact our Research Engagement Manager at email@example.com
In response to high demand and to provide the best possible experience, the Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre participates in a Science Insights work experience programme:
Science Insights work experience programme
High school students spend a week following a varied programme of activities on three different University of Edinburgh campuses, designed to give a real insight into research and work in biological sciences. Activities include:
- Shadowing researchers in the lab
- Tours of a range of scientific facilities
- Opportunities to meet current University of Edinburgh students
- Skills session to help with future university and job applications
- Presentations and discussions on a range of topics, including ethics in research, the use of animals in research and various careers paths
Resources for teachers
A selection of schools resources supporting teachers can be found below. Topics include ‘what is cancer?’ and "making your mind up - HPV vaccination":
We also have a selection of downloadable Sun Smart resources for schools, including lesson plans & ideas for a Sun Smart assembly: