Other useful information
Embrace the possibilities.
Biomedical research in Edinburgh
The University’s biomedical research is consolidated in multidisciplinary research centres. These centres are clustered within contemporary research institutes located next to hospitals to maximise knowledge-exchange and research translation into clinical practice. The centres have also strong links with researchers in other colleges and schools.
The TRACC Programme Fellows will be offered laboratory and office space in a research institute/centre that best fits their project. They are encouraged to explore local research environment to enhance learning process, look for inspiration and initiate scientific discussions and interactions.
- College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
- MRC Institute of Genetics & Molecular Medicine (IGMM)
- The Queen's Medical Research Institute
- Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre
- MRC Human Genetics Unit
- Centre for Genomic & Experimental Medicine
- Centre for Cardiovascular Science
- MRC Centre for Inflammation Research
- MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine
- MRC Centre for Reproductive Health
- The Roslin Institute
- School of Informatics
- School of Mathematics
- School of Physics & Astronomy