Bioresearch & Veterinary Services
Bioresearch & Veterinary Services Logo

Who we are, and what BVS do at the University of Edinburgh.

Information on how to raise any concerns related to the use of animals at the University of Edinburgh

A list of frequently asked questions with answers.

Useful links and resources for those working with animals.

Current on call rota for contacting a Named Veterinary Surgeon.

Mouse in handling tube

Information for new, and established students, researchers and principal investigators working in animal research at the University of Edinburgh.

Information on Veterinary services provided by BVS

Anyone who will use animals in research and conduct regulated procedures is required to obtain a Personal Licence (PIL) specific to the species they will be working with.

Information on the BVS Business department and team.