For the latest University of Edinburgh information and advice see: Coronavirus updates
For additional local advice for School staff and students (including building access and staying safe) see: School of Biological Sciences COVID-19 advice (secured)
- Start up boosted by funding to build low cost bioreactors
- Scientists discover safeguard that protects blood’s ‘Fountain of Youth’
- High-value chemicals from biotech: School scientists awarded almost half a million pounds in UK Government funding
- ‘Social distancing’ in sheep could cure flock of maedi-visna
- School success in the Principal’s Innovation Awards
News about research and activities School staff and students are undertaking to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2014 UK research excellence assessment placed us 3rd in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Information for our current undergraduate and taught postgraduate students.
Our strategic project ‘Building a New Biology’ is an ambitious plan to grow our research and teaching capacity, quality and outputs to support intellectual discovery and generate health, social and economic benefits.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Find out more about what it is like to study here.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.