China 2 + 2
An opportunity for students from our Chinese partner universities, to study for two years in the United Kingdom for a world-class biological sciences degree.
The School of Biological Sciences at the University of Edinburgh offers the opportunity to study for two years in the UK for a Biological Sciences degree.
If you attend one of several Chinese universities you may be able to study biology courses for two years in China and then transfer to the University of Edinburgh to complete a further two years of study on one of our Biological Sciences degrees. This is known as a “2+2” degree.
- Study for 2 years in China and 2 years in Edinburgh, the best of both worlds!
- Study at and graduate from one of the top universities in the world.
- Choose from a broad range of biology subject areas.
- Experience life in Scotland's historic capital city.
- Improve your English.
This arrangement is available from the following universities:
- China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing
- Dalian University of Technology, Panjin
- Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
- Ningbo University, Ningbo
- South China University of Technology, Guangzhou
- Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), Shenzhen
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
Further agreements may be in place in due course.
Depending on your progress at your Chinese university you may be able to study for the following degrees:
BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences:
- Biochemistry (C700)
- Biotechnology (J700)
- Cell Biology (C130)
- Development, Regeneration and Stem Cells (C140)
- Ecology (C180)
- Evolutionary Biology (C182)
- Genetics (C400)
- Immunology (C550)
- Molecular Biology (C720)
- Molecular Genetics (C440)
- Plant Science (C200)
- Zoology (C300)
Guide for Chinese students
Further information on the China 2+2 programme, including guidance on applying can be found in the guide below.
How to apply
To apply for this programme, download and complete the application form and send electronically, with the required documentation listed below to email@example.com. The closing date for receiving applications for entry in September 2021 is Friday 30th April 2021.
In addition to completing the candidate registration form, you require to send electronic copies of the items listed below.
- Personal statement*
- Official University transcripts (in Chinese)
- Official University transcripts (in English)
- List of courses currently being studied
- Copy of the photo page of your passport (with expiry date of 31st September 2021 or later)
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate (achieved after 31 August 2019)
*The personal statement should be written in English and should be no longer than 300 words. You should explain why you want to study your chosen Biological Sciences degree programme at the University of Edinburgh; and you can also include your current knowledge of the subject, any relevant skills or experience and any personal qualities (interests or other skills) that you can demonstrate.
If you can't provide your English language certificate by Friday 30th April 2021, but still wish to apply for this programme, then email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may still be selected for interview.
We are happy to answer your questions. For more information about our undergraduate programmes, courses or any other matter, please contact our Undergraduate Recruitment Officer. Please note we are not currently available by telephone as we are working from home. Please email any enquiries.