Applying for Programmes
Information on how students can apply for the Programmes.
How to apply
You will need to complete an online application which includes one reference, transcripts, and other supporting documents.
Applications must be submitted through the University’s online application service, Degree Finder.
Applicants with a preferred programme option should apply online using the following links:
Applicants who do not wish to specialise in one of these areas, or who wish to choose after beginning the programme should apply for the umbrella programme "Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis" by clicking the following link:
Quantitative Genetics and Genome Analysis
Your application will be evaluated in the context of the programme option that you indicate. The application does not have to be completed in one session - you can save your progress and return to complete the application at another time.
Your application will require supporting information, with translations where applicable, including:
- a curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your relevant professional experience, including email addresses of your previous employers;
- a transcript of your degree certificate, or an interim transcript if you are yet to graduate, that provides details of degree examinations passed and the marks and grades awarded;
- transcripts of professional qualifications, if applicable;
- one academic reference on headed paper including the referee’s physical and email addresses (the referee can also choose to send this separately to the University); and
- an English language certificate from within the last two years, if applicable.
You will also need to include a personal statement. You should aim to include the following information:
- What is your motivation for undertaking this programme and what information can you provide in support of this?
- What skills and experience do you have relevant to this programme, what contribution can you make?
- How will this programme benefit your future career plans?
For more information on how to write an effective Personal Statement, please see the Guidance Document below.
How to complete the application