PhD applications for 2018 are open
Our PhD applications are now open for 2018, with an initial closing date of 4th December.
We welcome PhD applications from talented applicants of all nationalities for our PhD Programmes in the Graduate School.
Please note our deadlines for different scholarships:
- 4th December 2017 for BBSRC EASTBIO studentships. Interviews for shortlisted applicants for these studentships will be in the week starting 29th January 2018.
- For Darwin Trust funding you need to apply online and also to request an application pack from Darwin.Trust@ed.ac.uk by 20th December and apply direct to the Trust by 5th January 2018 deadline . Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be in the week starting 19th February 2018. Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be in the week starting 26th February 2018.
- 5th January 2018 for Enlightenment Principal's Career Development/Edinburgh Global Research/China Scholarship applications. All of these competitions require you to apply online and also apply separately for the scholarship. Our application deadline is slightly earlier than the scholarship deadline, to allow time for you to communicate with supervisors prior to interview. Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be in the week starting 19th February 2018.
- 5th January 2018 for Integrative Cell Mechanisms 4 Year PhD Programme. More information here.
- 1st February 2018 for Wellcome Trust PhD Programme in Hosts, Pathogens & Global Health. More information here
We also welcome enquiries from applicants considering applying for their own funding from their government or other international scholarship schemes, or considering self-funding.
If you want to come and visit us you can come to our Postgraduate Open Day on 15th November 2017 or contact a prospective supervisor to arrange a visit at another time.