Our expertise is sought after and valued by a range of clients.
Our academic staff regularly engage with organisations around the world, providing independent advice and specialist expertise.
Who we help
We offer consultancy services for a diverse client portfolio, including:
- Government agencies and other organisations seeking expert input and advice.
- Small and medium-sized companies needing advice on specialist assays or the application of specific techniques.
- Large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies seeking lead scientists as advisors on particular therapeutic targets or in-house drug research.
Our specialist researchers can benefit your business by helping you to:
- Access the latest research and expertise
- Increase your competitiveness
- Develop new ideas, products and processes
- Exploit new market opportunities
Consultancy is key to the University's drive to transfer knowledge from academia to industry, and is supported by the Consultancy Office at Edinburgh Innovations.
Government support for consultancy
The public sector sponsors a number of schemes to encourage the transfer of knowledge from Scotland's world-class academic science base into business and industry, especially SMEs.
The School's Business Development Team, based within Edinburgh Innovations, are the first point of contact for any questions related to industry interactions and collaborations.