Careers support for biology students
The Careers Service
The Careers Service is for all students, first year to final year undergraduates and postgraduates. Whether you know what you want to do or are undecided, the Careers Service can help you take the next step. They offer events, talks, presentations, group sessions and one-to-one information, advice and guidance to students and graduates. There are resources for you to use and people to help you find what you need.
Access MyCareerHub for appointment booking and to keep you up to date with news, vacancies and events from the Careers Service.
MyCareerHub is exclusively for current students and graduates of the University of Edinburgh. It can be used to:
- search for jobs and events
- find out about employers
- ask career-related questions and find resources
- book an appointment with a Careers Consultant
- keep up to date with the latest news from the Careers Service
Biological Sciences Careers Service Consultant
Your Careers Consultant is Peter Fantom. You can meet Peter at the Careers Service drop-in during teaching weeks on Monday lunchtimes (12:00 – 13:30) in BTO Reception in JCMB.
There is a helpdesk at Murchison House which you can use during Careers Service opening hours.
You can speak to the Careers Service about a range of things, including:
- part-time work
- work experience, internships & placements
- deciding what to do after your degree
- researching career and study options
- job hunting
- changing/leaving your course
- CVs, cover letters, applications & personal statements
Careers Service Newsletter
You will receive a newsletter from the Careers Service at regular intervals during semester. Read this for updates on what is happening in the Careers Service that may be of interest to you as well as key messages and advice tailored to Biological Scientists. If there is anything you would like covered in a newsletter please get in touch with Peter directly.