- Diet during development affects mating habits, insect study shows
- Applications open - Doctoral Training Centre in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence
- Smartphone-based biosensor to tackle arsenic poisoning
- Colourful male fish have genes to thank for their enduring looks
- Cell study reveals key mechanism linked to healthy development
The School of Biological Sciences runs a successful career coaching programme and have produced a short video to showcase the effectiveness of career coaching.
The 2014 UK research excellence assessment placed us 3rd in the UK for our research quality, and we are ranked in the world top 25.
Our 130 active research groups and world-leading analytical facilities can support your R&D aims.
Explore our research and teaching expertise, and find key contacts.
Information for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students
Interested in becoming a Biological Sciences student?
Stay in contact with the School and keep up to date with our latest developments.
Our strategic project ‘Building a New Biology’ is an ambitious plan to grow our research and teaching capacity, quality and outputs to support intellectual discovery and generate health, social and economic benefits.
There are lots of ways in which we engage with communities locally and nationally to discuss our science.