Work with us
We can provide industry collaborators, academics, students and SMEs collaborating on data driven innovation with space to get creative with one another.
- Video: Bayes Centre Video Case Study
- Bayes Centre Video Case Study
We are part of the Data Driven innovation Programme contributing to the City Region Deal mission to make Edinburgh the Data Capital of Europe. That is why we are keen to collaborate with businesses who are using disruptive data technologies such as AI, Machine Learning, NLP, Blockchain, Quantum, Robotics and Autonomous Systems (amongst others!) to deliver impact through innovation.
We know that colocation at critical points in a research and development project can be a catalyst and an accelerator for the fusion of great ideas and skills sharing for improved problem solving. But we also know that the world is changing and so flexibility to adapt as your business, idea or project matures is equally as important.
We can offer a range of fixed, temporary and flexible space to collaborate within the Bayes Centre. The University more broadly also has a number of physical assets such as 3D, nano-printing facilities, and robotics labs which may be available too upon request.
Co-location in the Bayes Centre offers:
- Access to communities of interest and talent both within student and academic bodies, and the wider business ecosystem;
- Options to sponsors or leverage funding for studentships for industry challenges, and to support placements for students/ grads;
- Introductions to innovative new businesses seeking to disrupt existing industries through new solutions for customers; providing you a window into the tech ecosystem and access to opportunities for partnership or acquisition;
- Opportunities for collaborative Innovation Projects with academics ensuring responsible adoption of emerging tech and providing the opportunity for all parties to learn by application in new contexts and to participate in Innovation Labs
- Sponsorship/ co-delivery of accelerators where we have shared interests in nurturing the ecosystem, plus option to support intrapreneurship for your own business;
- Sponsorship and speaker opportunities at events such as Engage Invest Exploit which attracts increasing numbers of investors annually seeking to invest in emerging and scaling tech businesses. It is already the largest tech showcase event in the UK outside of London and continues to grow year on year;
- Access to and opportunity to contribute to the development / delivery of new data assets and services enabled through the Edinburgh International Data Facility;
- WIFI, access to meeting rooms, facilities such as kitchens and cycle storage, inclusion on the Bayes website, mailing lists and social media feeds (for relevant events/posts you would like to share with the distribution list)
- The choice of dedicated office or desk space, or flexi options such as short term hot desking (min. 12 week commitment) and Innovation Lab space (min. commitment with option to PAYGO for extra days).
Full information on existing Members and Partners is also available via Our Community.
Prior to submitting a query please review our building access and facilities guide below for further information.
Take the first step to co-locating with Bayes by completing the enquiry form – we’ll come back to you to discuss options for collaboration.