Bayes Centre welcomes delegation from the People's Republic of China
The Bayes centre was delighted to welcome 20 delegates from the People’s Republic of China on September 3rd.
The delegation arrived in the UK as part of a training mission to support the “Made in China 2025” strategic plan that forms part of a broader strategy aiming to develop China’s Digital Economy.
As The University of Edinburgh’s Innovation Hub for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, The Bayes Centre welcomed delegates who took the opportunity to meet with and exchange knowledge with our Bayes experts, this included:
- A greeting and welcome message from Hugh Edmiston the Vice-principle Business Development and Director of Corporate Services.
- An introduction to the Bayes Centre from Director Professor Michael Rovatsos.
- An insight into high-tech data-driven industry research and data at EPCC from Dr Rob Baxter, group manager at EPCC.
- A discussion regarding Industrial innovation through Robotics and AI from Professor Rovatsos representing The Edinburgh Centre for Robotics.
- An insight into the Edinburgh digital innovation ecosystem from Lee Wilson and Steve Ewing representing the Bayes Innovation Project.